My Progress

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Another day, another exciting development

Just when I was giving thanks to God for the last month being clear of queasiness, I have been struck down again.  Yep.  I think God must either be a vengeful god, is punishing me for something, or I'm just simply an unlucky soul.  Thankfully, I felt good while in England this past weekend when I got to see Jacob.  But now, I'm back to feeling queasy and hungry, yet no amount of food will get rid of either sensation.

In addition to this, (and this is another glorious side effect of pregnancy that NO ONE ever tells you about - probably because if they did, less people would be inclined to get pregnant) I have developed a lovely varicose vein (I think - this is me self-diagnosing) in my nether-region.  It is painful with pressure, which means the only source of moderate intensity exercise I could tolerate for more than 30 minutes (stationary bike) can no longer be tolerated.  So now I have pain with walking AND biking.  This is disheartening.  I was hoping to make it through pregnancy without spending money on a gym (especially after seeing how much it costs to join a gym here in Sanford), but it looks like water exercise may be my last and only option to getting a good workout in.  So, now, in the last few months I will have to sport a swimming suit and get my ass to the pool.   Let's hope my body cooperates and allows me to tolerate that, at least.  The good news is that the vein will most likely disappear after birth. The bad news is that it will likely get worse over the following months, and will likely occur earlier and get worse with subsequent pregnancies.  Oh joy!!!!!!!  I DO have to admit, the body is amazing at dealing with the tremendous task of growing a human being.  I just hope that the effort I put in to stay healthy is rewarded.  If not - then I will most likely just get fat next time. (ok - no I wouldn't do that, but it's tempting to think about.)

On a more positive note, the baby is very active and seems to be doing well.  My cats enjoy incubating me (i.e. laying on my stomach) - but that may be just because they are spoiled and love attention. Hahaha.  I hope they adjust well to the new arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment