My Progress

Monday, November 21, 2011

Ah the joy

So, for the past month I've thought I had a simple pulled groin muscle, but there was no obvious mechanism of injury and rest/ice never seemed to help it.  Recently, the same pain that started on the left has now migrated to include my right groin as well.  Again, no inciting incident.  I started to do some reading and found that I may be dealing with Pubic Symphisis Dysfunction which is a result of the hormone Relaxin causing my ligaments to, well, relax around my pelvic joints in prep for delivery.  Unfortunately, this preparation is coming way too early for its purpose, making it painful for me to walk (forget jogging), do lunges, and even roll over in bed.  Apparently there are pelvic corsets that women can wear to decrease the pain by compressing the joints back to their original position and prevent slippage.  When I return to the doc's on Wednesday, I'll be sure to mention this stuff to see if it is, in fact, the problem.  For now, I just have to work through the pain 'cause there ain't NO WAY I'm going to stop exercising (especially with my appetite revving up again).

No comments:

Post a Comment