My Progress

Friday, September 23, 2011

18 weeks and 1 day Ultrasound....what IS it???

Great profile.  The ultrasound tech took lots of pictures and tried to get it to move around a bit so she could determine the sex....and she is 90% sure it's a girl.  I called it at 9 weeks. ;-P  She's got a huge cranium.


Two nights ago I dreamt I had a baby girl and Jacob and I had not yet decided on a name together.  He didn't like my name (who knows why, it's beautiful), and so he suggested we name our daughter Lorax.  Yep. That's right. Lorax.  And no, I was not amenable to that name. I told Jacob the next day and he said, "That's a terrible name for a girl." To which I thought, so it's a GOOD name for a boy?  Hahaha.  So, no names have been discussed yet because we were waiting to know what it would be.  I have a few favorites, so we shall see what we come together and agree on.


I had a bit of a panic/anxiety attack after learning the sex because I sort of wanted boys.  But I think the anxiety is based on the fear I will have a sour relationship with my daughter and she will grow to loathe me.  Hopefully that won't happen.  At any rate, I know she will be a heartbreaker with the boys (unless she's gay).  She'll probably be tall, athletic (if she takes after like her parents), and smart.  Possibly a smart-ass.  


The results of the ultrasound showed a very healthy development. She weighs 12 ounces (normal), has both arms and legs, hands and feet, good cranial structure, intact cerebellum and brainstem, and appropriate amounts of fluid around her.  She's also approximately 7 inches from head to toe.  She likes to perch on my bladder, too.  Hence the peeing every hour.  I sighed a BIG sigh of relief knowing that she looks healthy.  


For me, I now weigh 152...a good 16-17 pounds more than my starting weight. Yikes.  I am now the heaviest I have ever been and I feel it all - like a fat suit strapped to my ass and thighs.  I don't look that heavy, though. It's very strange.  My blood pressure was nice at 104/62.  


That's all for now, I think.  Good news all around. :)  My sister-in-law and I will be starting the year off with two baby girls to enter into the Slife clan...an abnormality to say the least.  Can't wait to hear what name they decide on. (it better not be the one I want.)  ;-P

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congrats Rach! We are breaking the all boy streak of the Slife family! Oh ya!! Actually we have a name in mind and it's just the spelling that we want to pinpoint. But its definite that our cupcake will be Caedence Larkin.

    I'm happy to hear that your little girl is progressing great! I hope we can find a good place with this weight gain! Since the morning sickness has passed all I want is fast food and red velvet cupcakes drenched with cream cheese frosting! FAIL! Waaaaaaaaah!

    Anywho, congrats and keep up the blogging! I love hearing you and baby girl's progress!! =0)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Glad to hear all the good news. The large cranium must mean she will be smart (and maybe a smart ass ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marie - I remember that name being a possibility if Tristan were a girl. :) Very pretty and very original. Jacob is in no hurry to decide on a name, but I am anxious to get it nailed down. I want it to sit for a while in case I begin to dislike it later, you know? haha.

    Good luck with the junk food cravings. I haven't been experiencing much of that (more than my normal sweet tooth, anyway). I am now at the point where I have to try to eat slower so that I don't overstuff myself and end up feeling sick. So it's more like, eat a bite, drink some water...repeat.

    Thanks for your update, too. :) It is so fun to share this journey with you.

    Love,
    Rach

    ReplyDelete