My Progress

Monday, September 12, 2011

Round TWO....details to follow:

OK.  Before I found out I was pregnant (again) I got a horrible UTI which affected my kidneys to the point that I couldn't stand up.  The pinnacle of my pain was on my birthday - which, incidentally, was the day this baby decided to burrow into my uterus.  I vowed I would be super super clean, drink lots of water, cranberry juice, et cetera so that I would never go through that again.  WELLLLLLL.....after all that, I, yet again, have a UTI.  This time, though, I have no symptoms (that I can tell) other than peeing a lot, but I thought that was more the pregnancy and drinking lots of water than anything else.  Clearly I must be doing something wrong.  I close the lid on my toilet before flushing, so no e. coli is getting on my toilet paper unless it leaps out of the crack and travels upwards of a foot onto my sink. 
At least, though, I am not in pain this time.  So, I'm off to the pharmacy to get  more antibiotics - which I'm not a fan of any meds, but this can't be avoided. 

If anyone knows other tricks to staving off more UTIs, PLEASE PASS THEM ALONG TO ME.  I've never had one before this year, so I don't know if it's just because I'm pregnant, or what. 

Oh - and I was called by the nurse case manager TWO weeks after my last appointment at the OB/GYN.  Does it usually take two weeks to get the results of a urinalysis?  NO.  I got results within 30 minutes at the walk-in clinic.  **shakes head**  Yet another reason why I am displeased with my care there.  What if I got really ill between my appointment and now?  I'd have to have paid for another visit to the urgent care for the same diagnosis. 

I'm sorry, everyone. I've turned this into a venting rant.  Steps will be taken tomorrow to change this. I swear.

Thanks for bearing with me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the uti! I suffered through 2 episodes of uti with Tristan's and baby girls. While being pregnant with Tristan, I went to the emergency room and nurse mentioned that if it went overlooked it could have caused a miscarriage.:0(

    Meds were really the only thing that helped ease pain. After being done with meds, it helped a lot! Tips was drink tons of water, use wipes after using rest room and cotton undies. Tmi? Lol.

    I find out any urine and blood work results after a week. I think lab can provide results too.

    Good luck! Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete