My Progress

Friday, September 2, 2011

Last Thursday I had my 14 week doctor appointment. Little did I know I'd be sitting in the waiting room for 2 hours and 15 minutes before I was seen!!!!!!! I have been more than patient with this office and each time I give them another chance to redeem themselves, but NO MORE. This was the last straw. The midwife who saw me was nicer than the actual doctor, but I don't believe that is enough. I will be calling another office next week to see about changing locations. Hopefully they will have their act together more.

The one thing that was good about the visit was that the baby was still growing strong. The portable US machine detected a strong heartbeat and fetal movement. I have to say, knowing that it still thrives (with or without defects?) is comforting. I am, however, still the pessimist and often think that this baby will have some sort of detrimental defect or disorder. Maybe it's me thinking I don't deserve to have "the American dream family" with perfect 2.5 kids. I still can't believe I found such an amazing man who actually loves me and it's been nearly 4 years of marriage, 5.5 years of being together. I continue to pray that this baby be healthy and normal, but there's always a little voice in the back of my mind playing devil's advocate. If this baby turns out normal, I suppose I'll feel even more blessed. :)

As far as how I'm feeling - I'm now into my second trimester, which is supposed to be less awful than the first. HOWEVER, I continue to feel nauseated throughout the day. Today I almost wretched because we are planning to go out to breakfast and I only ate a banana. But I shoveled some dry cereal down the hatch and got it under control.

My belly is now looking more like a baby bump rather than just being chunky. It's becoming increasingly more difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position, as I am used to sleeping on my stomach or back. The WTE book says I shouldn't be sleeping on my back past the 4th month, so......i have only my sides left to sleep on for the next 5 months.

I am DEFINITELY looking forward to not feeling sick, but again, I am not optimistic that that will happen. Maybe I'll get lucky though.

I'm thinking more and more about names. I have a favorite girl name picked out which I hope Jacob will be good with. And I'm kicking around Leonidas for a boy. Hahaha. How badass would that be to have a Leonidas Slife running around?

No comments:

Post a Comment