My Progress

Thursday, February 9, 2012

T-minus 14 days

This baby wants out  - or at least, that's what it feels like.  She's moving and squirming and wedging herself under my ribcage, punching my spleen, and headbutting my bladder more and more these days.  I've actually found myself telling her, outloud, "Hey - easy does it, Crazy" as I push her rump out from under my ribs.  
I made a bet with Jacob that she would weigh over 9 pounds - but the doctor is estimating her at around the 7.5 pound mark right now based off the size of my uterus.  This is a bet I would NOT mind losing - for sure - as I have been doing my best to keep this baby under 9 pounds.  
My gym membership expired last week, but I'm still able to ride my stationary bike for short bursts, and walk around the block a couple times before feeling like my pelvis might separate entirely.  These last few weeks I'm allowing myself to be less active because I have SO much schoolwork to do before she comes if I want to get ahead at all.  Maybe I can talk Jacob into doing my homework for me when he's home on paternity leave....hmmmm.  He'd probably make better grades than I ever could.
Other than that, not much else happening.  I am just praying I make it past February 14th at this point.  I have to take my comprehensive exam that day and would really hate to try to take it later whilst being utterly sleep deprived and sore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment