My Progress

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Just to add to my anxiety...

I received a not-so-inspiring email from my mom today telling me that when she was pregnant with both my brother and me she had slow gain until the 7th month and then she "exploded".  How is this news that I could possibly want to hear?  If heredity has anything to do with how my body will react to pregnancy, this only makes me want to be pregnant LESS.  Thanks, mother dearest. Personally, I think she's secretly hoping I end up fat and covered in deep, purple stretch marks from my neck to my knees.  I already feel gross and disgusting enough as it is.  To me, pregnancy is not "cute".  I do not think "baby bumps" are adorable.  I think it looks weird and unnatural.  So, the bigger they are, the more grossed out I am.  Sorry, pregnant people.  I have nothing against being pregnant or pregnancy- except the way it wreaks havoc on the woman's body.  I sometimes wish I were a man.  They have it so damn easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment