My Progress

Monday, January 23, 2012

Continuing the Prep

On Saturday I went to the childbirth class that was recommended to me by my nurse educator.  I had reminded Jacob several times that it was on Saturday, but he forgot about it. Hahaha.  I didn't pressure him to come along seeing as how he and I probably knew most of what they were going to talk about anyway.  I was hopeful there would be more instruction on newborn care and feeding...but it was mostly about labor and delivery.  The whole time I sat in the class I was just missing Jacob, so I ended up skipping the only part that may have been useful to know - breastfeeding.  But, luckily I have a good friend who has lent me numerous books, including one on nursing, so I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Today I am exactly 4 weeks from my due date.  Crazy-town.  The baby is still very active and seems to be doing fine.  No major bodily changes have taken place since my last post - just more weight gain.   I will say that I feel a little better about my size after seeing the other pregnant ladies at the childbirth class.  I don't know how far along they all were, but most of them were a lot bigger.  I am definitely very lucky to have been able to rest when I want to and exercise when I want to.  It is probably a LOT harder to be pregnant and working versus pregnant and completing school.  I know I complain a lot, but I want everyone to know I realize how blessed I am right now.  It could have been a lot worse.  I guess things are looking pretty good when my stress is only manifesting in nightmares about stretch marks. hahaa.

I will be 36 weeks on Thursday, so I'll have my latest picture to put up then.

Until later. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Em Gee!! 4 weeks to go is crazy town!! I am happy to hear that you are doing well! I can't wait!!

    Those classes would only talk about what to expect during labor & delivery which is what we learned going to one when I was pregnant with Tristan. Breastfeeding for me wasn't easy when I started feeding Tristan but the biggest thing that helped was the lactation consultants available at the hospital and then going to follow up appointments after I was discharged! The biggest part of the consults was them observing how I was breastfeeding and them giving me feedback on what I needed to adjust to help him and I. That might be something you could look into seeing if your hospital have such consultants because that would help so much!!

    Well, continue to keep us posted on how things are going with you!

    Take Care,

    Marie

    ReplyDelete